Amputation Nursing Care Plans
Amputation Diagnostic Studies
- X-rays: Identify skeletal abnormalities.
- CT scan: Identifies soft-tissue and bone destruction, neoplastic lesions, osteomyelitis, hematoma formation.
- Angiography and blood flow studies: Evaluate circulation/tissue perfusion problems and help predict potential for tissue healing after amputation.
- Doppler ultrasound, laser Doppler flowmetry: Performed to assess and measure blood flow.
- Transcutaneous oxygen pressure: Maps out areas of greater and lesser perfusion in the involved extremity.
- Thermography: Measures temperature differences in an ischemic limb at two sites: at the skin and center of the bone. The lower the difference between the two readings, the greater the chance for healing.
- Plethysmography: Segmental systolic BP measurements evaluate arterial blood flow.
- ESR: Elevation indicates inflammatory response.
- Wound cultures: Identify presence of infection and causative organism.
- WBC count/differential: Elevation and “shift to left” suggest infectious process.
- Biopsy: Confirms diagnosis of benign/malignant mass.
Nursing Priorities - Amputation Nursing Care Plans
- Support psychological and physiological adjustment.
- Alleviate pain.
- Prevent complications.
- Promote mobility/functional abilities.
- Provide information about surgical procedure/prognosis and treatment needs.
Discharge Goals - Amputation Nursing Care Plans
- Dealing with current situation realistically.
- Pain relieved/controlled.
- Complications prevented/minimized.
- Mobility/function regained or compensated for.
- Surgical procedure, prognosis, and therapeutic regimen understood.
- Plan in place to meet needs after discharge.
4 Amputation Nursing Care Plans
About The Author
Praesent nec tortor quam. Quisque ac malesuada augue. Sed dignissim gravida odio ut bibendum. Cras fermentum euismod turpis. Nunc nec diam ante, et faucibus ipsum. Etiam imperdiet mattis elit et molestie. Nulla feugiat mollis leo vel egestas. Pellentesque convallis
- . Imbalanced Nutrition (1)
- . Impaired physical mobility (1)
- . Impaired skin integrity (1)
- Acute Pain (1)
- Acute Pain / Chronic Pain (1)
- Acute Pain related to the Presence of Surgical Wound (1)
- Amputation (2)
- book (1)
- CONSTIPATION NURSING CARE PLAN (1)
- COPD (1)
- Dementia NCP (1)
- Depression NCP (1)
- Disturbed Body Image (1)
- Disturbed Thought Processes (1)
- Hypertension NCP (1)
- Less Than Body Requirements (1)
- Nursing Diagnosis (2)
- Nursing news (1)
- Nursing Student Killed in sialkot (1)
- population Pyramid (1)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Nursing Care Plan (1)
- Risk for Infection Care Plan (1)
- Thyroidectomy Nursing Care Plan (NCP) (1)